The PostgreSQL Workload Analyzer is performance tool for PostgreSQL 9.4 and superior allowing to collect, aggregate and purge statistics on a PostgreSQL instance from various sources. It is implemented as a background worker.
This includes support for various stat extensions:
- pg_stat_statements, providing data about queries being executed
- pg_qualstats, providing data about predicates, or where clauses
- pg_stat_kcache, providing data about operating-system level cache
It supports the following extension:
- HypoPG, allowing you to create hypothetical indexes and test their usefulness without creating them
Additionnaly, the PoWA User Interface allows you to make the most sense of this information.
- PoWA-archivist is the PostgreSQL extension, collecting statistics.
- PoWA-web is the graphical user interface to powa-collected metrics.
- Stat extensions are the actual source of data.
- PoWA is the whole project.
You should first take a look at the Quickstart guide.